send the rain - part 3

No, I haven't finished the bridge yet, but I just had to tell you about the really amazing experience I had this evening. It's been really stormy all day, which suited me just fine because it just seemed so appropriate to the day (more on that later) - but this evening I was dinking around with that song, and just as I got to the bit about "Jesus, send the rain" in the first section, the heavens opened up and it poured buckets. And it kept pouring until I finished the song, and there was thunder and lightning during the middle section where the music gets very angsty and stormy (the part where I don't know the words yet, but thunder and lightning fit in there somewhere). It was one of the most freaking cool things ever - and then when I got to the tail end where the music gets all peaceful again, the rain lightened up, and stopped altogether.

How cool is that?

We serve an absolutely amazing God.

No comments: