WWJS - alternative answer

A possible alternative answer to the meme:

"Do this, Hap."

(HT: ASBO Jesus)

Sometimes that's easier said than done, but everything else is easier once it's done, so it's worth doing, even if it isn't easy. If that makes any sense...

Madeleine L'Engle said this:

Peace is not placidity: peace is
The power to endure the megatron of pain
With joy, the silent thunder of release,
The ordering of Love.
Peace is the atom's start,
The primal image: God within the heart.

I'm not sure why that hit me so hard today, but it did, and I guess maybe it's simply that my heart feels pain-full and peace-less but it isn't. Because, as Sara said earlier today in her response to the tag - God is with us. God is with...me. If I really understood that, half of all "this" wouldn't matter nearly so much as it feels like it does sometimes.

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27


1 comment:

Jim L said...

Both are good posts! Thanks for participating. I have updated the original post to include links to both of them.