random ramblings, vol. 7

This poor blog has been so neglected of late...  Time for a little bit of rambling, I think!  Maybe a few updates too.  So without further ado:

1.  I haven't actually not been blogging.  I have a half-dozen unpublished posts/ideas of posts that I would really like to finish at some point.  :)  Most of them about Sabbath and/or healing.  Stay tuned - one of these days I really will finish writing them!

2.  I am craving bacon and feta cheese at the moment.  Actually, craving might be an understatement...

3.  The Lenten Daily Devotional Study that I'm doing with my church is going really well.  I think I'm glad in retrospect that we didn't try to do the Lenten Supper thing along with it - as awesome as that would have been, it would have been one thing too many this spring.  But the devotional itself has been getting a lot of good press - and in fact, morphed from being an email sent to people on a daily basis to also being posted on our pastor's blog.  If you're interested in joining us, you can hop in at any time here.

4.  Spring is finally springing.  Can I just tell you how happy this makes me?  I spent part of my Sabbath on Saturday walking in the woods, and it was wonderful.

5.  After a few adventures (I believe it might have gone pseudo-missing at least twice), the podcast from the sermon I preached in February is finally up!  :)  There are a few little audio blips (sorry about that) - but most of the message made it!

6.  I stayed up ridiculously late last night, finishing Robin McKinley's new book, Pegasus.  The first couple of chapters were a little slow, but once I got into it, I could hardly put it down.  It is an incredible, well-written, beautiful and insightful story.   The protagonist is probably one of my new favorite characters ever.   I really hope there's going to be a sequel, tho, and soon!  The ending was terrible.  Not unexpected - but still.  I kept waiting for the last-minute save, and it never happened.  :(

7.  I also bought Rob Bell's new book, Love Wins.  Definitely looking forward to reading it this week!  I intended to read it on Saturday, but I started Pegasus first.  And that was the end of that plan...  :)

No comments: