a happy day

Today was a good day. :)

It is the 17th anniversary of the day I became a follower of Jesus. Wow.... 17 years. In so many ways it still feels like yesterday... 'course, in light of eternity, it kind of was...

I led worship this weekend at my church, and it was just sweet - not just worship in general, tho it truly was - but to be leading worship - to be doing something I am so confident I am called to do on a day this special.... it was just sweet. Add in 4 hours in a coffee shop, several conversations with good friends, the sunshine this morning and 50 degree weather after weeks of bitter cold, and I would have chalked it up to a good day as is....

Orion has always been my favorite constellation. Ever since I was a kid and learned how to see him up there, I have always (fancifully) thought of him as my protector. I no longer see it quite that way - he is an icon now - a reminder in the heavens that I have a Protector... but I still say hi. :) So I paused on my front walk on the way in tonight, and turned to say hi to Orion while loitering in the spring breeze... and there was a sky-wide arc of white misty cloud right over Orion's head that looked ever so much like a rainbow.... and I heard God's whisper to my heart: "I promise."

*happy sigh* and He's to be taken at His word....

It was a good day.

Happy Anniversary, Jesus. And thank You for this wonderful gift of life with You. Amen.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!