Advent Hope - Day 7

"Be at rest once more, O my soul,
     for the LORD has been good to you."
                                             - Psalm 116:7

Saturdays are my Sabbath day (hence the later posting - I slept in!), and while there are so many things I could say about the amazingness of the Sabbath, today I am simply thinking about the deep rest that comes to our souls simply from knowing the goodness of God to us, and celebrating it:

"I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy." (Psalm 116:1)

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." (Psalm 126: 3)

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing that is in Christ." (Ephesians 1:3)


"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever." (Psalm 118:1)

"By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me - a prayer to the God of my life." - Psalm 42:8

Wherever you are today, whatever's going on in your life, take some time to remember and celebrate the truth - that you are dearly loved by a God who moved heaven and earth to rescue you, and in Whom you can confidently hope.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Saviour and my God." - Psalm 42:11

"To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Saviour be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore!  Amen." - Jude, v. 24-25

No comments: