Advent Hope - Day 6

"I call on You, God, for you will answer me;
     give ear to me and hear my prayer.
Show the wonder of Your great love,
     You who save by your right hand
     those who take refuge in you from their foes."
                                                         - Psalm 17:6-7

If that's not a verse for Advent, I don't know what is.  Is there anything in life that shows the wonder of God's love for us more than the very fact that He sent His Son to rescue us?

Let's celebrate that today.  The words of this psalm reminded me of a Christmas hymn: Joy To The World. (You can download a pretty rockin' version of it here.)  Rejoice, with great hope, friends - the Saviour of the world knows you by name.  Doesn't it just fill you with wonder?  There are how many billions of people on the planet?  And yet He knows and cares about every detail of your life.  Emmanuel, God with us, has come - and "...because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ, even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved." (Ephesians 2:4-5)

No comments: