random ramblings, vol. 6

It's been awhile since I've written a rambling post, so since I'm procrastinating on any number of other things I ought to be doing, here you are. :) Seven random facts that have relatively nothing to do with anything.

1. Today was one of the most decidedly non-Sabbathy Sabbaths I've had in a really long time. I'm actually strangely glad to say that - mostly because it means that I've had a Sabbath on a weekly basis for a while now.  But I'm feeling it this evening, the lack of Sabbath.  I had literally a dozen errands to run today, things I just haven't had time to do; I managed to fit in nine of them before deciding the other three could wait.  And actually, now that I've said that, I can't even remember what one of the remaining three was....  Anyway.  All of that is to say that life has been incredibly fast-paced of late.  Which makes me really happy about Random Rambling #2.

2.  I'm going on vacation.  :)  Totally impromptu (well, somewhat planned, as I made reservations two days ago, but still... it wasn't on the calendar until last week!).  It's just for a weekend, but I can't wait.  Two days, mostly me and Jesus, in one of my favorite places.  I have a rare Sunday off from Torch next week, and I'm looking forward to spending time in worship with some dear friends I haven't seen in far too long.

3.  You know you're involved in church service planning when you evaluate the risk of buying a movie you've never seen before by factoring in whether or not the production company is included under your church's CVLI license... just in case there's a sermon illustration in there somewhere.

4.  I haven't seen "Ladies in Lavender" or "A Room with a View" in far too long.  I should fix that...

5.  I have entirely too many unread books on my shelves.  I wish I had time to fix that, too....

6.  I'm looking for a really good Lenten devotional guide.  Does anyone have one to recommend?

7.  I'm sorry to say that my kitchen table is, once again, cluttered with unopened mail, mostly of the unwanted variety.  I'm hoping to get to it tomorrow, but the good news is, I have a good friend coming over on Thursday, which will necessitate cleaning before then.  :)  One of these days, I really am going to get a handle on this....  And okay, I will just confess.  I started a new box for that sort of thing somewhere around Christmas.  But it is GOING DOWN by the end of February.  Really.  Mostly because I need that box for other things...

So there you have it.  Seven random ramblings.  Merry Christmas.

I suppose one of these days I should also take down my tree.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ive recently decided I may just leave my tree up all year. This way i'm uber ready for next year christmas. ~jodie