what makes the church ... well, the church?

I posted a question on Facebook today, and I've gotten some really great responses, so I thought I might pose it here, too, in hopes of an even broader response.

What would your top three adjectives be to describe the church/Christian community (positive and/or negative)?

Would love to hear responses to this question from anyone, whether you identify yourself as a Christian or not.  I'm exploring the question of how the church/Christian community is perceived as part of the research and writing piece of my message prep for this weekend, and would really love to hear your thoughts.   (And if you do comment here - please do!! - could you let me know how you identify, just so I have a clear view of where you're coming from?)

Thanks so much for your help!

No comments: