7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 8)


--- 1 ---

It's been a somewhat eventful week here in Happy-land.  It began with attempting to get up out of a chair Sunday morning, and failing miserably.  It continued with an ongoing battle between my pride and common sense.  I finally swallowed my pride and went to a chiropractor on Wednesday - and am so very glad I did.  Am on the mend now, and have learned a lot along the way.  Kind of in awe of the complex ways in which God constructed us.  Also very grateful to have a doctor who says, "I'm going to be praying for you."  And am loving the million and one ways in which God has orchestrated my life to make sure things like that happen.

--- 2 ---

I sort of love it that the caveat here is: "it's just a list" - but I am nevertheless honored to be on it.  (However that happened...)  And wow.  If you were looking for something to read, there you are!  (I will never again have an excuse for being bored...)

--- 3 ---

One of my top reads of the week was this post on whether or not men and women can be 'just' friends.  Written by a married man, it's a really gutsy, honest, and in-your-face kind of post, and it really makes you think.  It's a little on the long side, but it's worth it.  (Tip: stick with it thru the comments!) The post kind of speaks for itself, on so many levels, but I will say this: I am so convicted by this line: "...we...have reduced relationships to what we get out of them."  Ugh.  Yes, all too often, we have.  But it doesn't have to be that way.

--- 4 ---

I've been thinking a lot about one of Andy Stanley's more recent podcasts: Trust vs. Suspicion.  (I may have listened to it at least three times at this point...)  I think it is so easy to let suspicion fill the gap when we fail each other - to attribute the perceived failure of another person to their character, and to consider their 'failure' grounds to call foul on 'breach of trust.'   Putting trust in that gap instead - even when the other person doesn't seem to be doing the same - can feel like such a risk.  In spite of that - I would still call trust the better option over suspicion.  Believe that the other person had your best interests at heart and isn't wounding you intentionally and suddenly the (sometimes long) road towards reconciliation can seem so much easier to travel.

--- 5 ---

There are only ELEVEN DAYS left until the Gurus of Tech conference at Willow Creek!!!   I am personally looking forward to spending two days surrounded by people who are (mostly) geekier than I am, to time with one of my BESTEST friends, and to possibly running into someone I met once in Germany; he was wearing a "More Cowbell" t-shirt.   As if such a thing needed lobbying...  I mean, duh.  It's a cowbell.  Of course you want more...

--- 6 ---

This week, I succeeded in creating my very first interactive wireframe.  And it was fun!  If you actually know what that means, you should check out InVision.  Highly recommend them if you're new to web design.  They pretty much made wireframing a piece of cake.


--- 7 ---

And since no 7 Quick Takes is complete without video and/or shameless plug - if you haven't read The Unwanteds yet - you should.


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments: